Gluten-Free Rosemary Walnut Bread Recipe
* 1 1/4 cups all purpose gluten-free flour mix
* 1 cup arrowroot starch
* 1 cup tapioca starch
* 1 cup white rice flour
* 1/4 cup buttermilk powder
* 1 tablespoon guar gum OR xanthan gum
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 5 teaspoons instant dry yeast granules
* 3 room temperature eggs
* 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
* 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus 5 tablespoons to use in pan
* 1 tablespoon honey
* 1 1/3 cups lukewarm carbonated water OR gluten-free beer
* 4 tablespoons fresh, chopped rosemary
* 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Place dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and whisk until well blended.
2. In a separate bowl, lightly beat eggs with a fork. Add vinegar, olive oil, honey and 1 cup water and stir to blend.
3. Mix at low speed, slowly adding liquid to dry ingredients. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. If the dough is too stiff add water, a little at a time, until a thick, shaggy dough forms.
4. Add walnuts and rosemary and mix just until evenly distributed.
5. Scrape down sides of bowl with spatula and cover bowl with a tea towel. Allow to rest for 30 minutes.
6. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Pour 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a 2-quart enameled Dutch oven or ceramic oven proof casserole dish with a lid. Place the pan or bowl, without the lid on, in the oven and allow to preheat while the bread dough is resting.
7. Carefully scrape the bread dough in the hot pan. Dip a spatula in water and use to smooth the top of the dough. Brush 2 tablespoons of olive oil evenly over the top.
8. Cover with lid and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until an instant thermometer, inserted into the middle of the bread reads 205 degrees.
9. Remove bread from pan and let cool before cutting.